Sunday, October 25, 2020, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Dress up in your best Halloween costume and join us for an evening of candy, food trucks, games, and a movie with COVID-19 safety precautions for all involved! We will have trunk-or-treat activities immediately followed by watching Monsters Inc on the lawn! This is a great opportunity to gather the whole family and enjoy some awesome fun together! Trunk-or-treat cars will be open from 5-6:15pm and the movie will start promptly at 6:30pm. There will be options to drive onto the grass and watch the movie from your vehicle or to park in the lot and brink your lawn chairs or a blanket.
SCHEDULE – The event will run from 5-8pm. Trunks will be open for trunk or treating from 5-6:15pm so get there on time! Our movie will start promptly at 6:30pm and will end by 8pm. Food trucks will be serving from 5-8pm that evening.
FOOD TRUCKS – We have some great food trucks lined up for the evening! There is something for everyone in the family! Make sure to bring cash or credit card to enjoy some great food.
PARKING – We have three main locations for parking: in front of the Life Center, between Gloria Dei and Nassau Bay City Hall, and across Upper Bay by the Methodist Hospital. Please utilize these spaces as the parking lot in front of the Student Center will be used for event activities.
DRIVE IN PARKING – If you wish to park your vehicle on the green space by the Student Center to watch the movie that is possible but please park there upon arrival to the event. Do not plan on parking by the Life Center for trunk or treating and then moving to the green space after. Entrance to the green space is behind the Student Center on Vinland Drive. We do have a limited number of vehicle spaces on the lawn. Please bring a lawn chair or blanket in case those spots fill up. Your vehicle will also need to remain off during the duration of the movie.
REGISTRATION BAG PICKUP – We have special trunk or treat bags that your child can use throughout the night! You can pick them up in front of the Student Center at the kiosk. Each bag will have information about upcoming events. You can even submit your name into a drawing to win a special movie themed gift basket!
Interested in having your own trunk-or-treat vehicle? Below are the guidelines.
Please decorate your vehicle as part of the Trunk-or-Treat experience. You can have anything from simple decorations to small activities or even a full car theme for children at your vehicle. Check out Pinterest for some great "Trunk-or-Treat" ideas! Please remember that this is an opportunity for Gloria Dei to serve our community and represent the love of Jesus to so many children and families. If you are new to Trunk-or-Treat, this is an event where cars are decorated, trunks are filled with candy for children, and our community can engage with our church family. We are praying that through this event families can connect to one another and new families be introduced to Gloria Dei.
There will be a trunk competition and awards given out in four categories: best costume, best activity, best decorations, and best candy delivery.
- All vehicles must arrive onsite no later than 4pm and ready to distribute candy by 5pm
- All vehicles must enter through the church entrance off San Sebastian
- All vehicle engines must be turned off
- Each registered car will receive a parking spot number prior to the event
If you have others coming to help with your trunk but our not arriving in the main car they can park at the end of the Student Center parking lot. Please instruct them to enter off of San Sebastian as well.
Please do not plan to move your trunk or treat vehicle from the parking lot to the green space for the movie. You can reserve space on the lawn with a blanket or chairs if desired.
If you are not staying for the movie please do not move your car until 7pm. This will ensure that the number of people in the parking lot will be lower and will avoid any accidents.
Car Decorating Guidelines:
- Please decorate your car in a fun, engaging way for all of our guests of all ages
- Please do not decorate using violent content, simulated blood or gore. No horror, dark or evil themes.
- Themes to avoid: Haunted house, ghosts, witches, skeletons, items of sorcery, sexually explicit content, or political affiliations. Remember this is a family-friendly event to introduce people to Gloria Dei.
- If you know your theme and activities when you register, please let us know in the appropriate place.
Candy Distribution Guidelines:
- Devise a way to distribute candy in a no-touch way. This means that children should not pick up candy directly from a general bowl. You can get creative in how you deliver your candy or place it directly in a child's bag. (We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the event.)
- Provide candy and treats for your vehicles. We really don't know how many children to expect, but best guess would be 300 children. (Gloria Dei will have extra candy if you should run out.)
- Distribute candy from 5-6:15pm.
We are requiring masks and gloves for all volunteers at your vehicle, whether they are handing out candy or not. If you do not have gloves we can supply some for your vehicle upon arrival.
Can't participate in-person but are willing to donate some extra candy to the event? Check out our Amazon wish list below.
Questions? Contact Andee Hasty at .