Saturday, October 30, 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Dress up in your best Halloween costume and join us for a morning of candy! This is a great opportunity to gather the whole family and enjoy some awesome fun together! Trunk-or-treat cars will be open from 10am-12pm .
PARKING – We have three main locations for parking: in front of the Life Center, between Gloria Dei and Nassau Bay City Hall, and across Upper Bay by the Methodist Hospital. Please utilize these spaces as the parking lot in front of the Student Center will be used for event activities.
REGISTRATION BAG PICKUP – We have special trunk or treat bags that your child can use throughout the night! You can pick them up in front of the Student Center at the kiosk. Each bag will have information about upcoming events. You can even submit your name into a drawing to win a special movie themed gift basket!
Interested in having your own trunk-or-treat vehicle? Below are the guidelines.
Please decorate your vehicle as part of the Trunk-or-Treat experience. You can have anything from simple decorations to small activities or even a full car theme for children at your vehicle. Check out Pinterest for some great "Trunk-or-Treat" ideas! Please remember that this is an opportunity for Gloria Dei to serve our community and represent the love of Jesus to so many children and families. If you are new to Trunk-or-Treat, this is an event where cars are decorated, trunks are filled with candy for children, and our community can engage with our church family. We are praying that through this event families can connect to one another and new families be introduced to Gloria Dei.
- All vehicles must arrive onsite no later than 9am and ready to distribute candy by 10am
- All vehicles must enter through the church entrance off San Sebastian
- All vehicle engines must be turned off
- Each registered car will receive a parking spot number prior to the event
If you have others coming to help with your trunk but our not arriving in the main car they can park at the end of the Student Center parking lot. Please instruct them to enter off of San Sebastian as well.
Car Decorating Guidelines:
- Please decorate your car in a fun, engaging way for all of our guests of all ages
- Please do not decorate using violent content, simulated blood or gore. No horror, dark or evil themes.
- Themes to avoid: Haunted house, ghosts, witches, skeletons, items of sorcery, sexually explicit content, or political affiliations. Remember this is a family-friendly event to introduce people to Gloria Dei.
- If you know your theme and activities when you register, please let us know in the appropriate place.
Candy Distribution Guidelines:
- Devise a way to distribute candy in a fun way. You can get creative in how you deliver your candy or place it directly in a child's bag.
- Provide candy and treats for your vehicles. We really don't know how many children to expect, but best guess would be 300 children. (Gloria Dei will have extra candy if you should run out.)
- Distribute candy from10am-12pm
Questions? Contact Andee Hasty at .